Asked by: Deane Mounierhome and garden landscaping
How do I make a patio with pavers and gravel?
Last Updated: 28th January, 2020
- Step One: determine the size and shape of your patio. Your first step is to figure out where you want to place your patio and exactly how large you want it to be.
- Step Two: Dig out the area of the patio.
- Step Three: Lay Landscape Fabric.
- Step Four: Lay Paver base + Sand.
- Step Five: Lay pavers.
- Step Six: Add Pea Gravel.
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you build a patio with pavers and gravel?
Use landscaper's spray paint to mark the area directly on the ground (Image 2).
- consider thickness of paving stone. Fix Patio Height.
- make sure patio slope is consistent with gravel. Fill in with Gravel.
- screed sand before laying pavers. Screed Sand.
- snap chalk line and place pavers.
- cut odd pieces of pavers.
do I need gravel under pavers? You have several ways to install pavers, including directly over dirt, in mortar or over a bed of gravel and sand. While you don't need to lay a gravel foundation for pavers, you should assess the condition of the base and make it as solid as possible before laying the pavers.
Similarly, you may ask, what do you put under patio stones?
Roughly crushed stone makes a good base for pavers that will be used more regularly. A base of 4 to 6 inches of well-compacted stone pieces provides a sturdy and stable foundation for nearly any type of paver installation, notes Concrete Construction, an industry website.
How do you keep gravel in between pavers?
To install gravel between pavers, remove the grass at the same time you dig it out for the pavers and to the same depth. Install gravel on top of landscape fabric to prevent it from sinking, and with lawn edging to keep it from straying into the yard.