Asked by: Menana Bernzenpersonal finance credit cards
How do I redeem American Express points for travel?
Last Updated: 25th February, 2020
- Log In. Log in to access your benefits.
- Find the. perfect trip.
- Proceed to checkout. At checkout, select the option to "Use all or some Membership Rewards points" for your booking.
- Apply all or some points. Choose the amount of points you would like to use and select Apply.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do I use my American Express travel points?
Redeeming your Amex Membership Rewards points for travel through Amex's travel site is very straightforward.
- Log-in to your Amex account. Of course, you'll first need to log-in to your Amex account.
- Go to the American Express travel site.
- Search for travel.
- Select your desired itinerary.
- Complete the booking process.
Furthermore, how much is 50000 Amex points worth? Credit card rewards point values can vary wildly depending how how you redeem them. Based on Credit Carrot's valuation, we place the value of a single AMEX point at 1.5 cents. With this valuation, 50000 AMEX points would be worth $750.
Thereof, how many AMEX points do you need for a flight?
On average, American Express Membership Rewards points are worth one cent each when redeemed through AmEx's travel site – meaning that if you've accumulated 50,000 points, it should be enough to cover a $500 flight. That said, you can often score better deals when you transfer your points directly to a partner airline.
Where can I use my Amex rewards points?
Redeem Membership Rewards: High-value options
- Utilize Etihad Guest partner award bookings.
- Fly Singapore Airlines premium classes.
- Choice Hotels for international stays and luxury properties.
- Flying Blue.
- British Airways Avios.
- Fly round-trip to Madrid on Iberia.
- Transfer to ANA.