Asked by: Johnattan Fesenbeckerhome and garden home appliances
How do you install a locking bar on a file cabinet?
Last Updated: 27th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Considering this, can I add a lock to a file cabinet?
Some models of filing cabinets may not have locks, and you might wish to add one for security purposes. Fortunately, adding a lock to a filing cabinet is a quick and easy procedure. But for simple storage and security needs, adding a lock to a filing cabinet may suffice for less important document storage purposes.
Additionally, how do I lock a file cabinet without a key? Steps
- Straighten out a paperclip but leave one of the ends bent.
- Insert the curved end of the paperclip into the keyhole.
- Turn the clip from left to right to find the correct unlock position.
- Turn your paperclip the correct way to unlock the filing cabinet.
- Pull on the handle to open your filing cabinet.
Just so, how do file cabinet locks work?
Each file cabinet lock has a tumbler just like a door lock. This tumbler works in the same way. When the key is inserted into the file cabinet lock, the teeth push and roll the tumblers into position, based on the shape of the key.
How do you open a locked filing cabinet?
How to Unlock a Broken File Cabinet Lock
- Place a 1/8-inch drill bit into your hand drill and place the tip of the drill bit on the center of the keyhole on the lock.
- Drill a hole straight through the lock.
- Place the blade of a screwdriver into the hole and attempt to turn the lock counterclockwise.