Asked by: Angus Nareabusiness and finance construction industry
How do you make a concrete table?
Last Updated: 5th May, 2020
- Cut the bottom of the mold out of melamine using a circular saw.
- Complete the mold.
- Caulk the creases in your mold.
- Once caulked, use your finger to smooth out the bead.
- Cut Re-enforcement.
- Mix Concrete.
- Pack Concrete.
- Add Re-enforcement.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do you make a lightweight concrete table top?
How To Build A Lightweight Concrete Table
- Step 1: Gather Supplies. We obviously can't make a good looking table mold without the right supplies.
- Step 2: Add ColorPacks to Water.
- Step 3: Mix in Slurry.
- Step 5: Add Fiber Glass and Mix.
- Step 7: Place Foam Insert.
- Step 8: Fill In Edges.
- Step 9: Remove from mold and clean up edges.
- Step 10: Clean.
Secondly, are concrete table tops durable? Concrete has the unique ability of being incredibly versatile and flexible as a material while also being incredibly durable, long-lasting, and weather-resistant. A concrete top outdoor dining table is perfect for this type of climate.
Subsequently, one may also ask, how thick does a concrete table top need to be?
ThicknessThe standard concrete countertop slab thickness is 1 ½ to 2 inches, similar to countertops made of marble or granite. However, contractors can create the illusion of a thicker countertop by casting a drop-front edge.
How do you treat concrete tables?
Do not use any heavy abrasive, bleach-based or ammoniated cleansers, as they will wear down the sealant. For added protection and polishing, we recommend using carnauba wax (such as Trewax® Clear Paste Wax) every 2-5 months. To apply, dampen a clean sponge or a soft, clean cotton cloth and wring out completely.