Asked by: Danut Balamutenkoautomotive driverless cars
What are the 5 steps to the Smith System?
Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
- 5 – Keys.
- Aim High in Steering. Look 15 seconds into your future. (
- Get the Big Picture. Look for Hazards. (
- Keep Your Eyes Moving. Don't stare. (
- Leave Yourself an Out. Monitor the space cushion around youandyour bike.
- Make sure They See You.
- 5 – Keys.
- Aim High in Steering.
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, what is the Smith System?
The Smith System of driving is aboutreducingcollisions, preventing injuries and saving lives. TheSmith5 Keys employs five basic principles. Each principle isdesigned toreduce the risks involved in driving by teaching driverstoanticipate dangerous situations.
what are the 5 rules of defensive driving? List of Five Principles of Defensive Driving
- Aim high. It is the first principle of defensive driving, anditrequires you to be alert and focused so as to avoid collisionsand,in particular, the rear-end and also warn the other drivers oftheimpending traffic.
- The Big Picture.
- Keep Your Eyes Moving?
- Leave Yourself An Out.
- Ensure they see you.
Also asked, how many steps does the Smith System contain?
The Smith System was invented byHaroldSmith in 1952 to increase safety of commercial driversandrevolves around employing five rules when operating amotorvehicle. These five rules can dramatically reduce theriskof major accidents on both highways and roads.
What are the 5 seeing habits?
These five seeing habits promote safe driving.
- Aim High in Steering. · Imaginary target—baseball/dart board. ·
- Get the Big Picture. · How wide and deep?
- Keep Your Eyes Moving. · Move eyes.
- Leave Yourself an Out. · Have an escape out.
- Make Sure They See You. · Communicate in traffic—horn, lights, signals.