Asked by: Wenhui Balootechnology and computing video software
Can I convert MOV to mp4 in iMovie?
Last Updated: 20th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, can you edit MOV files in iMovie?
According to Apple support website, iMoviedoes support importing and editing MOV moviefiles. But it only supports some .mov file which isencoded with DV, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, H.264, or AIC. However, MOVis a container, not a codec.
Also Know, how do I open a .mov file in iMovie? Navigate to the file menu and select "Open File"Select the QuickTime movie you plan to open iniMovie, and click "Open." Go to the File menu andselect "Export" Give your file a different name to save theoriginal copy.
Similarly one may ask, how do I convert a .mov file to mp4?
Go to https://cloudconvert.com/ in your browser.
- Click Select Files. It's a grey button near the top of thepage.
- Select your MOV file. Click the MOV file that you want toconvert into an MP4.
- Click Open.
- Click the mov ? box.
- Select video.
- Click mp4.
- Click Start Conversion.
- Wait for the video to finish converting.
How do you add a video to iMovie on a Mac?
Method 1 On Mac
- Open iMovie.
- Click the Media tab.
- Click File in the menu bar at the top of the screen.
- Click Import Media….
- Click the Import to: drop-down at the top of the window.
- Click a destination for the new video.
- Select the location of the video.
- Click the video(s) you want to add.