Asked by: Lawana Atecaeducation secondary education
Can I drop out of high school at 16?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also, at what age can you drop out of high school?
Until recently, most states permitted students todropout of high school at age 16; now, 32 stateshave settheir compulsory school age to 17 or18.
Beside above, can I dropout of school at 15 with parents permission? If all of the below 5 conditions are met, your childmaybe able to drop out of school before age 17: Passed9thgrade or is 15 years old. Your permission toleaveschool. Approval from the principal for a "suitable"work orstudy program.
Herein, how can I legally drop out of high school?
- Ensure that you can legally drop out.
- Write down your goals for the future.
- Explore all available options.
- Instead of dropping out, consider "rising out"
- Earn a GED or other high school equivalency credential.
- Get college-level training without a high school diplomaorGED.
- Practice effective job searching.
Can you dropout of school at 16 with parental consent in SC?
Under current law, South Carolina teenscandrop out of high school without parentalconsentas soon as they turn 17. This bill proposes bringingthat age to 18to give school counselors and administratorsthat oneextra year to help catch kids up on coursework andhelp them earn ahigh school diploma.