Asked by: Maryjo Alpernfood and drink desserts and baking
Can I freeze fresh blackberries?
Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Moreover, do I wash blackberries before freezing them?
Just before freezing, gently wash berries in cool water, and pat them dry with paper towels. Remove and discard stems, leaves, and any under-ripe or damaged fruit. No matter how you freeze 'em, we guarantee you'll never be tempted to buy bland again.
Similarly, how long can you keep blackberries in the freezer? about 10 to 12 months
Keeping this in consideration, what is the best way to freeze fresh blackberries?
- Wash the berries gently. When you've picked (or bought) a selection of ripe, juicy blackberries, give them a gentle (but thorough) washing.
- Spread the blackberries on a baking tray or sheet.
- Place the blackberries into the freezer.
- Transfer berries into a freezer-proof bag.
- Freeze for up to six months.
How do you flash freeze blackberries?
- Pour your blackberries into a colander, and rinse in cool water.
- Remove any stems, leaves or damaged berries.
- Spread the blackberries out on a cookie sheet in a single layer.
- Once the berries are frozen, transfer them to a freezer bag or another freezer-safe container of your choosing.