Asked by: Esosa Sarditechnology and computing shareware and freeware
Can I open a DOCX file with Office 2003?
Last Updated: 10th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, how do I open a DOCX file in Word?
To view your DOCX or DOC files,downloadthe free file viewer and drag and drop thefile ontothe program window. File Viewer Lite willopen thefile and display the document in itsnative format asif you were viewing the document withMicrosoftWord.
Similarly, how do I open a XLXS file with Office 2003? How to Open Xlsx in Excel 2003
- Access the Microsoft Downloads website. Type"CompatibilityTool" in the search box. Download the CompatibilityTool.
- Open Excel 2003 and locate an Excel 2007 workbook. Click"File"on the menu bar, then click "Open." Browse your files andlocatethe workbook.
Subsequently, question is, what is a DOCX file and why can't I open it?
Microsoft Word (version 2007 and above) is theprimarysoftware program used to open and edit DOCXfiles.Actually, you don't even need to open a DOCXfilewith Word because Microsoft has this free Word Viewerprogram thatlets you open Word documents like DOCXfiles withoutneeding to have MS Office installed.
How do I convert a DOCX file to Word?
- Open the DOCX file in Word. Double-click the DOCX file toopenit in Microsoft Word.
- Click File. It's in the upper-left side of the Wordwindow.
- Click Save As.
- Double-click This PC.
- Enter a new name for the DOC file.
- Click the "Save as type" drop-down box.
- Click Word 97-2003 Document.
- Select a save location.