Asked by: Judith Fuchslochermusic and audio folk music
Can I play bass with small hands?
Last Updated: 2nd March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, what is the best short scale bass guitar?
5 BEST Short Scale Bass Guitars [Sep 2019]
- Gretsch G2220 Junior Jet Electric Bass Guitar II.
- Ibanez GSRM20 Mikro ¾ Size Bass Guitar.
- Fender Squier Vintage Modified Jaguar Special Short ScaleBassGuitar.
- Epiphone EB-0 Electric Bass Guitar.
Also Know, how big are bass guitars? The most common scale length is 34". With its34”scale, the Fender Player Precision Bass. is typicalof mostother standard-size electric basses, which share itsscalelength. There are a few short-scale basses, such as theFenderMustang, various Hofner Violin Bass models, or theGibsonEBO, that are around 30".
People also ask, what are short scale basses?
Short scale basses have a differenttonalcharacter than long scale basses, and here's why: Eachnoteplayed on a bass includes a series of harmonics thatarepredictable ratios of that note. The relative volumes oftheseharmonics give the instrument its unique sound.
How do you finger bass?
How to Position Your Right Hand for Finger-StyleBassGuitar
- 1Bring your right arm up while keeping your wrist, hand,andfingers relaxed.
- 2Let your hand approach the instrument until your thumbsettlesonto the thumb rest or the pickup.
- 3Settle the weight of your arm onto your thumb.
- 4Reach for your high string with your index ormiddlefinger.
- 5Reach for your lowest string.