Asked by: Janee Yuzginhobbies and interests woodworking
Can old pine floors be refinished?
Last Updated: 24th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Accordingly, how do you refinish a pine floor without sanding?
How To Refinish a Wooden Floor Without Sanding (under 1 hour)
- You may otherwise be on a budget and just want to spruce up your floor.
- Clean your floor.
- Identify whether your floor has been finished with an oil or a lacquer based product.
- Lightly abrade (sand) the surface of your floor.
- Vacuum the floor.
Secondly, how do you refinish a 100 year old floor? Refinishing 100 (plus) year-old hardwood floors
- Step 1 // prep. Empty the room and prepare for dust onslaught.
- Step 2 // drum sander. We started sanding with a drum sander because our floors had a lot of layers to remove.
- Step 3 // clean the dust.
- Step 4 // fill.
- Step 5 // orbital sanders.
- Step 6 // clean.
- Step 7 // stain (optional)
- Step 8 // first poly coat.
Similarly one may ask, how much does it cost to refinish a pine floor?
Homeowners spend $1,550 on average, or between $990 to $2,110 to refinish their hardwood floors. Depending on the condition of the wood, you can expect to pay between $3 to $5 per square foot with 80% of your costs attributed to labor. Get free estimates from hardwood floor refinishers near you.
Is it worth refinishing pine floors?
Refinishing pine floors is more challenging than sanding oak floors as the wood is softer. This is definitely a job best left to the professionals. This is definitely not something to attempt if you have never refinished wood floors before.