Asked by: Xiaofen Cabreiratechnology and computing databases
Can we delete a foreign key?
Last Updated: 14th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do you drop a foreign key?
- To drop foreign keys using the Control Center: Expand theobject tree until you see the Tables folder. Right-click the tableyou want to modify, and select Alter from the pop-up menu.
- To drop foreign keys using the command line, enter: ALTER TABLEname DROP FOREIGN KEY foreign_key_name.
Also, how do I delete a foreign key in MySQL? In MySQL, there's no DROP CONSTRAINT , you have to use DROPFOREIGN KEY instead:
- ALTER TABLE `table_name` DROP FOREIGN KEY `id_name_fk`;
- ALTER TABLE `table_name` DROP INDEX `id_name_fk`;
- SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=0;
- SET FOREIGN_KEY_CHECKS=1;
Additionally, how do I delete a foreign key in Oracle?
Oracle / PLSQL: Drop a Foreign Key
- Description. Once a foreign key has been created, you may findthat you wish to drop the foreign key from the table.
- Syntax. The syntax to drop a foreign key in Oracle/PLSQL is:ALTER TABLE table_name DROP CONSTRAINT constraint_name;
- Example. If you had created a foreign key as follows:
What is foreign key in database?
A foreign key is a column or group of columns ina relational database table that provides a link betweendata in two tables. It acts as a cross-reference between tablesbecause it references the primary key of another table,thereby establishing a link between them.