Asked by: Mikkel Serventhobbies and interests woodworking
Can you attach drywall to plaster?
Last Updated: 1st March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, will drywall screws work in plaster?
A screw directly in plaster ordrywall is not very strong. Over time it will workits way out and leave a hole in the wall. Be careful when you dothis, because if there is wiring or plumbing behind the wall youcould make a lot of trouble. Threaded anchors don't requiredrilling and are very easy to use.
can you put drywall over lath? If you're remodeling an older home and yourun into a plaster-and-lath wall, you can remove theplaster and install drywall over the laths. Aftersecuring the laths, you'll install the panelsin the same way you would install them on a new studwall.
Correspondingly, how do I hang something on a plaster wall?
Method 2 Medium to Heavy Pictures
- Determine where to hang your picture.
- Place painter's tape over the mark.
- Place another bit of tape below the hole.
- Carefully drill a hole into the plaster.
- Hammer an anchor into the wall.
- Fix the screw into your anchor.
- Clean the area.
- Hang up the picture.
How do you hang something heavy on a plaster wall?
Hang heavy objects carefully.
- Move the stud finder over the plaster wall across the spotwhere the heavy object will hang.
- Move the stud finder approximately 16 inches to the right orleft of the mark.
- Put a small bit into the drill, and drill into the firstmark.