Asked by: Aguasanta Iskozautomotive auto insurance
Can you drive a car with a smashed back window?
Last Updated: 7th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, can you drive a car without rear window?
You can drive your car without a windshield if you're wearing eye protection. But if you're driving a car with a windshield, it has to have working wipers.
Likewise, how do I cover up a broken rear window? Prep The Window
- Open the car door.
- Use towels to clear the door of any dust and debris.
- Apply masking tape two finger-widths wide to the bottom of the window frame.
- Apply additional tape underneath across the entire door.
- Line the inside of the window with masking tape.
- Cover any exposed painted areas with paper.
Regarding this, what do you do if your car window is smashed?
What You Should Do If Your Car Window is Broken
- Call Your Insurance and File a Police Report. If your car has been broken into, do not move or touch anything until you call your insurance company and file a police report.
- Clean Up the Glass. The easiest way to clean the shattered glass is with a shop vacuum.
- Covering Up the Window.
Can you get pulled over for a broken window?
In short, you can't drive with a broken window—whether it's missing or you've taped a garbage bag to the window frame as a stopgap. You risk getting a ticket if you drive around with a broken window for very long.