Asked by: Amiel Veeramedical health digestive disorders
Can you eat oatmeal with diverticulosis?
Last Updated: 4th June, 2021
Click to see full answer.
Also, what should you eat if you have diverticulosis?
Low-fiber foods to consider eating if you have symptoms of diverticulitis include:
- white rice, white bread, or white pasta, but avoid gluten-containing foods if you're intolerant.
- dry, low-fiber cereals.
- processed fruits such as applesauce or canned peaches.
- cooked animal proteins such as fish, poultry, or eggs.
Also, what can aggravate diverticulitis? Several factors may increase your risk of developing diverticulitis:
- Lack of exercise.
- Diet high in animal fat and low in fiber.
Considering this, can you reverse diverticulosis?
A mild case of diverticulitis may go away on its own without any treatment. When treatment is necessary, antibiotics and a liquid or low-fiber diet may be all that is necessary to resolve symptoms. Only about 5 percent of people who have diverticulosis ever go on to develop diverticulitis.
What is the best treatment for diverticulosis?
- Antibiotics to treat infection, although new guidelines state that in very mild cases, they may not be needed.
- A liquid diet for a few days while your bowel heals.
- An over-the-counter pain reliever, such as acetaminophen (Tylenol, others).