Asked by: Tesifon Nyagohome and garden landscaping
Can you hire a turf cutter?
Last Updated: 9th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also, how much does it cost to rent a turf cutter?
Generally, to hire a turf cutter for 1 full day (24 hours) it will cost from $140 to $160 per day and $430 to $460 per week.
Also Know, how deep do turf cutters go? Normally you want to ensure the blade angle is set to flat and the depth is roughly 20mm deep.
Simply so, how easy is it to use a turf cutter?
Starting The Turf Cutter
- Switch the engine ignition switch to the 'ON' position.
- Next turn the fuel tap, which is located on the engines carburettor, to the 'ON' position.
- Slowly pull the engines recoil handle until you feel it engage then with a firm grip on the machine pull briskly until the engine starts.
How do you remove turf?
- Consider the type of grass you are removing.
- Water the sod you wish to remove.
- Use a shovel, spade, or an edger to cut strips into the sod.
- Cut your sod in a checkerboard pattern for large scale removal.
- Pry up sod squares with a spade or pitchfork.
- Break up soil clumps with your hand or a gardening tool.