Asked by: Hajnal Suemenichhealthy living nutrition
Can you make protein shakes without protein powder?
Last Updated: 18th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Simply so, what can you use instead of protein powder?
6 Breakfast-Boosting Alternatives If You Hate the Taste of Protein Powder
- Make overnight oats with Greek yogurt or cottage cheese.
- Blend Greek yogurt or cottage cheese into smoothies.
- Cook oatmeal in whole or 2-percent milk, and add some nuts.
- Cook an egg into your oatmeal.
- Eat dinner leftovers, if you feel like it.
One may also ask, what is the best homemade protein shake? Homemade protein shake recipe
- 1 banana, peeled.
- 150g low-fat natural yoghurt or soya yoghurt.
- 100ml of semi-skimmed milk or dairy-free milk.
- 1 tbsp peanut butter.
- 1 tbsp chia seeds.
- ½ tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
Regarding this, can I make my own protein shake?
- Add the unsweetened almond milk, full fat plain greek yogurt, vanilla protein powder, frozen banana, and ground cinnamon into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- If you find your shake is too thick, you can always add some more almond milk, little by little, to the blender.
Can I use almond flour instead of protein powder?
One reason you can't substitute protein powder or flax meal for almond flour is because almond flour does not absorb much liquid, but flax and other flours do. There is only so much liquid in a recipe.