Asked by: Emine Causintechnology and computing shareware and freeware
Can you open ODT files in Word?
Last Updated: 4th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, how do I convert an ODT file to Word?
- Right-click on the .odt file and select "Open with"→"WordPad". This will not work in Windows XP.
- Click "File" and select "Save as" → "Open OfficeXMLdocument".
- Name and save the file wherever you'd like. The file will nowbea .doc file.
Additionally, what does ODT mean on a Word document? The .odt file extension is given toofficedocument text files that have been created in theOpenOfficeand StarOffice word processing applications.Theseapplications use the the OASIS OpenDocument XML standard,whichallows users to use documents across multipleoperatingsystems and applications.
Keeping this in view, how do I open a .ODT file?
To open an ODT file on anAndroiddevice, you can install the OpenDocument Reader app.iPhone andother iOS users can use ODT files with OOReader orTOPDOXDocuments, and probably some other documenteditors.
How do I open an ODT file on my iPhone?
Open an OpenDocument Format file in Office for iPhoneoriPad
- Tap Open.
- Choose the location where your OpenDocument Format fileissaved, like OneDrive, SharePoint, DropBox, or your iPhoneoriPad.
- Tap on the OpenDocument Format file to open it.