Asked by: Velin Aizcorbetechnology and computing computer peripherals
Can you put CDs in a MacBook Air?
Last Updated: 22nd June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how do you play CDs on a MacBook Air?
On your MacBook Air, open a Finder window andlook for the Remote Disc entry under the Devices heading.Select it and you'll see any Macs on your local network that have amedia drive. Into the Mac with the media drive, insert a dataCD or DVD.
Secondly, does a MacBook Air have a CD slot? When software comes on a CD or DVD and you wantto install it on a MacBook Air, you can't just pop open thedisc drive or slide a disc into a slot, like you would on acomputer with an optical drive. The MacBook Air forgoes theoptical drive to keep it thin and small.
In this way, can you put a CD in a Mac?
On your Mac, choose Apple menu > SystemPreferences, then click CDs & DVDs. (If you don'thave an optical drive built into or connected to your Mac,CDs & DVDs preferences aren't available.) Use the pop-upmenus to choose an action for the type of inserteddiscs.
How do I make a copy of a CD on a Mac?
How to duplicate CD on a Mac
- Insert the source CD (the one you want to copy)
- Open the Finder, open Applications, then Utilities, and startthe Disk Utility program.
- In Disk Utility, select File -> New -> Disk Image fromFolder.
- The Finder will appear – select whole CD and click on theImage button.
- A new dialog box will appear.
- Click Save.