Similarly, how do you fix peeling Thermofoil cabinets?
How to Repair Thermofoil Surfaces
- Pull the thermofoil layer back. Have a helper hold the peeling thermofoil away from the MDF.
- Scrape away dried cement from the MDF core.
- Apply the contact cement.
- Do not immediately press the thermofoil back onto the MDF core.
- Press together and secure.
- Clean up.
Likewise, people ask, can you paint over Thermofoil cabinets?
“You can paint over thermofoil, provided it isn't peeling. First, ask your local paint store for the correct primer, then apply the finish paint you wish to use. Most of the time, semi-gloss sheen is used on [thermofoil] cabinets.”
New thermofoil cabinets may cost as little as $350 per linear foot. Refacing can run as low as $1,000 for a complete kitchen. Thermofoil mounted over solid wood doors is often just as expensive as cabinets with wooden doors.