Asked by: Maud Puschlifood and drink non alcoholic beverages
Can you use regular vinegar to get rid of fruit flies?
Last Updated: 7th June, 2020
Click to see full answer.
In this manner, how do you kill fruit flies with white vinegar?
Get Rid of Fruit Flies
- Pour boiling white vinegar or boiling water into drains. This is a simple way to get rid of fruit flies immediately.
- Use a hollow dish of apple cider vinegar. You can kill fruit flies naturally with apple cider vinegar!
- Use a bowl of liquid soap and water.
Likewise, what can I use instead of apple cider vinegar to get rid of fruit flies? Pour just enough cider vinegar to cover the bottom of the jar. Add a drop of dish soap (it will break the surface tension of the vinegar so the fruit flies can't just sit atop the liquid). Now, cover the jar with plastic wrap and poke a few holes in the top.
In this manner, does any vinegar work for fruit flies?
Apple cider vinegar is perfect: it's fruit that has been distilled to the point that it is festering liquid. White vinegar can be used to catch fruit flies, but they'll be MUCH more inclined to fly into a trap if apple cider vinegar is used.
How do you kill fruit flies without vinegar?
6 Ways to Instantly Get Rid of Fruit Flies & Gnats at Home
- Create a trap by mixing apple cider vinegar with a few drops of dish soap.
- Another home-made trap is to pour leftover red wine into a jar.
- Mash up banana slices in a jar and cover the top with a plastic wrap.
- Pour bleach solution into the bathroom sink.