Asked by: Lamarana Willytechnology and computing computer networking
Do I need a special modem for DSL?
Last Updated: 26th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what modems work with DSL?
Top 10 Best DSL Modems of 2019 – Reviews
- 10ZOOM ADSL Modem/Router with Wireless-N.
- 9Zoom Telephonics AC1900 Cable Modem/Router.
- 8NETGEAR AC1200 WiFi DSL Modem Router.
- 7TP-Link TC-W7960 DOCSIS3.0.
- 6Actiontec 300 Mbps Wireless-N ADSL Modem Router.
- 5Motorola SURFboard eXtreme Cable Modem.
- 4NETGEAR CM500-1AZNAS DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem.
- 3NETGEAR Nighthawk AC1900.
Beside above, what do I need for DSL connection?
- Phone Line. DSL is a service of your telephone serviceprovider,and it works through your home's landline.
- DSL Modem. You will need to connect your computer to aDSLmodem, which the phone company will provide as part of yourDSLservice package.
- Line Filter and Splitter.
Furthermore, can cable modem be used for DSL?
The primary difference between DSL andcablemodems is because of the different means eachuses toconnect to the Internet. You cannot use aDSL modemfor a cable Internet connection because itis designed towork with phone lines instead of cable lines,and viceversa.
Do I need a DSL modem and router?
Your modem shares this connection with acomputeror a router via an Ethernet cable. Modemsaren'tone-size-fits-all solutions; the type of modemyou'llneed depends on the type of internet service youreceive. Ifthat's DSL, you'll need a DSLmodem.