Asked by: Alissa Ranadhirstyle and fashion bath and shower
Do you need planning permission to install a hot tub?
Hereof, is a permit required to install a hot tub?
Therefore, most hot tubs and spas are exempt frombuilding permit requirements. However, in order toinstall a pool, spa or hot tub, it is usuallynecessary to add some type of plumbing and/or electricalconnection. These hook-ups, for safety reasons, are subject tobuilding permit and building coderequirements.
People also ask, how do you prepare the ground for a hot tub?
How to Prep the Ground for a Hot Tub
- Select a site for the hot tub.
- Check the area carefully.
- Evaluate the distance to a water source, such as a gardenhose.
- Make sure the site is at least five feet away from yourelectrical panel or outlet.
- Level the ground where you intend to place the hot tub byremoving bumps and filling in holes.
The Hot Tub According to Home Advisor, the average cost toinstall a hot tub that's above ground ranges from $5,000to $8,000. However, low-tier spas start as low as $500 and hightier spas can go up to $18,000.