Asked by: Osaretin Trigashobbies and interests woodworking
Does OSHA require drill press guards?
Last Updated: 21st March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, what is the criteria for a guard having to be used on a machine OSHA?
Machine Safeguards must meet these minimum general requirements: Prevent contact: The safeguard must prevent hands, arms or any other part of a worker's body from making contact with dangerous moving parts. Be secure: Workers should not be able to easily remove or tamper with the safeguard.
Similarly, should you wear gloves when using a drill press? Do not wear any loose clothing or ties. Do not wear gloves, rings, watches, or bracelets while working with a drill press. Do not set speeds, adjust, or measure work until machine is completely stopped. Do not force the drill with extra pressure.
Keeping this in view, what are the safety rules for a drill press?
Drill Press Safety Rules
- Run drill at correct RPM for diameter of drill bit and material.
- Always hold work in a vise or clamp to the drill table.
- Use a correctly ground drill bit for the material being drilled.
- Use the proper cutting fluid for the material being drilled.
- Remove chips with a brush, never by hand.
What are two examples of appropriate guarding?
Examples of guarding methods are-barrier guards, two-hand tripping devices, electronic safety devices, etc.