Asked by: Osaretin Trigashobbies and interests woodworking
Does OSHA require drill press guards?
Likewise, people ask, what is the criteria for a guard having to be used on a machine OSHA?
Machine Safeguards must meet these minimum general requirements: Prevent contact: The safeguard must prevent hands, arms or any other part of a worker's body from making contact with dangerous moving parts. Be secure: Workers should not be able to easily remove or tamper with the safeguard.
Keeping this in view, what are the safety rules for a drill press?
Drill Press Safety Rules
- Run drill at correct RPM for diameter of drill bit and material.
- Always hold work in a vise or clamp to the drill table.
- Use a correctly ground drill bit for the material being drilled.
- Use the proper cutting fluid for the material being drilled.
- Remove chips with a brush, never by hand.
Examples of guarding methods are-barrier guards, two-hand tripping devices, electronic safety devices, etc.