Asked by: January Parraleshobbies and interests stamps and coins
Has there ever been buried treasure found?
Last Updated: 30th April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in consideration, what is the most treasure ever found?
10 of the Most Valuable Treasure Troves Ever Found
- Staffordshire Hoard - 2009 | Value: $4.1 Million.
- The Le Catillon II Hoard - 2012 | Value: Over 10 Million Pounds.
- Hoxne Hoard - 1992 | Value: $3.8 Million.
- The Cuerdale Hoard - 1840 | Value: $3.2 Million.
- Środa Treasure - 1885 - 1888 | Value: $120 Million.
- Caesarea Sunken Treasure - 2015 | Value: Priceless.
Also Know, how do you find buried treasure in your backyard? Method 2 Searching Around Your House
- Look in the basement, attic, and garage of your home.
- Do a sweep of your backyard to see if there are any hidden gems.
- Check around your home for any hidden doors or compartments.
- Inspect garbage and recycling bins to search for discarded treasure.
Besides, how much buried treasure is there?
All this undersea treasure hunting got us wondering: Just how much money is out there buried at sea? We put the question to marine archeologists, a historian, and a shipwreck hunter. Their answers ranged from "Who knows?" to "$60 billion"—and each was instructive.
Do you get to keep treasure you find?
If your find can't be considered treasure, you are legally required to take it to the police. It will go into their custody and be handled like any other case of lost property. However, if you've got a bonafide treasure trove you're probably in luck.