Asked by: Vicki Dummschathome and garden interior decorating
How big should a ceiling light be?
Last Updated: 20th February, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Then, how do you measure for a ceiling light fixture?
To determine the diameter of a light fixture that's best for your space:
- Measure the length and width of the room in feet. Example: 10 feet by 12 feet.
- Add the two lengths together.
- Swap that value in feet for inches (so 20 feet becomes 20 inches)
- This is the ideal diameter for a light fixture in this room.
Similarly, how many watts should a bedroom ceiling light be? 60 watts
Considering this, how do I choose a ceiling light for a bedroom?
- This is a great choice if your bedroom's ceiling is 10 feet or more.
- Keep the size of your light fixture in scale to your bedroom's size. In a large room, choose a large fixture. If your bedroom is small, look for an equally small, simple fixture.
- A dimmer/remote control is a nice feature.
How big should a pendant light be over a sink?
A pendant light serves an important purpose above a kitchen sink, acting as task lighting as you wash dishes or prepare food for the next meal. A typical height for a pendant light is 30 to 40 inches above the sink or counter; this height may be adjusted based on the heights of those using the sink most often.