Asked by: Karyna Delonghome and garden indoor environmental quality
How can an air conditioner save energy?
Beside this, how do I use the AC to lower my electric bill?
11 easy ways to lower your air conditioning bill this summer
- Upgrade your windows. If your home has old windows, they might not be energy efficient.
- Seal your windows.
- Install a programmable thermostat.
- Use ceiling fans.
- Replace your HVAC air filters.
- Avoid cooking indoors.
- Reduce the sunlight.
- Insulate your walls and attics.
Moreover, how do I make my air conditioner more efficient?
8 No-Cost Ways to Improve Air Conditioning Efficiency
- Clean around outdoor condenser unit.
- Vacuum indoor vents and keep vents unblocked.
- Increase your thermostat by a few degrees.
- Keep lamps and other heat producing appliances away from your thermostat.
- Keep curtains and blinds closed in the heat of the day.
- Clear your drain line.
The Sleep mode increases the thermostat temperature by 1 degree after every hour till it increases temperature by 2 degrees. This will help save electricity if you like to sleep at low temperatures as you save electricity with every degree of increase in temperature.