Asked by: Sona Belchaushobbies and interests woodworking
How can I hide the cords under my carpet?
Last Updated: 26th January, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, people ask, how do you hide cords on floor?
- Measure. Measure the wall to determine the length of the cords you want to cover.
- Cut. Cut the base and cord cover to match the length you just measured.
- Mark anchor points. Use a pencil to mark the anchor points on the wall.
- Mount base.
- Lay the cables.
- Use cable ties.
- Conceal with flex tubing.
Furthermore, how do you hide cables around a door frame? To hide cables behind a door frame or baseboard, follow these steps:
- Carefully pry off the trim or molding at the top of the door, removing any nails that hold the trim in place.
- Also, remove the trim for any baseboard where you want the wire to follow.
Also to know, how do you run cables along the floor?
Drill destination hole in floor. Run wire through hole. Feed the wire through the back of the outlet box, insert the box in the wall, and mount it in place. Strip the wires and attach them to the wall jack or run them to the device.
Is it OK to run speaker wire under carpet?
You can get flat speaker wire to run under the carpet, but it's usually a little more expensive. Then you don't have to worry as much about walking on it, and there's no outline of the wire running across the room either.