Asked by: Ievgen Barrasussomedical health digestive disorders
How can I relieve side pain?
Last Updated: 10th March, 2020
- Stop or slow down. Then bend forward and push your fingersintothe painful area.
- Breathe deeply and exhale slowly. This should help relaxthediaphragm.
- Stretch the abdominal muscles. Reach overhead and hold yourarmsin this position until the stitch disappears.
Click to see full answer.
Also to know is, what causes pain on left side?
Causes of lower left abdomen pain
- Diverticulitis. Lower left abdomen pain can havemanycauses.
- Celiac disease.
- Lactose intolerance.
- Inflammatory bowel diseases.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
Beside above, what is a side ache? A side stitch (also called a side ache,aside cramp, a side crampie, a side sticker,amuscle stitch, or simply the stitch) is an intensestabbingpain under the lower edge of the ribcage that occurswhileexercising. It is also referred to as exercise-relatedtransientabdominal pain (ETAP).
Consequently, what can cause lower right abdominal pain?
In some cases, a pain in the lowerrightabdomen can indicate a more serious condition thatwillrequire immediate medical assistance. When thepain isspecific to the lower right abdomen,appendicitis is one ofthe most common causes. Appendicitisoccurs when theappendix becomes inflamed.
Why does my side hurt on the left?
Diverticulitis is one of the mostcommoncauses In many cases, persistent pain specific tothelower left side of the abdomen is caused bydiverticulitis.Diverticula are small pouches created from pressureon weak spotsin the colon. abdominaltenderness.