Asked by: Kimberly Baloghtechnology and computing operating systems
How can I tell what operating system I have on my computer?
Last Updated: 26th May, 2020
- Select the Start. button, type Computer in thesearch box, right-click on Computer, and then selectProperties.
- Under Windows edition, you'll see the version andedition of Windows that your device is running.
Click to see full answer.
Furthermore, how do I know which version of Windows 10 I have?
How to Check Windows 10 Build
- Right-click the start menu and choose Run.
- In the Run window, type winver and press OK.
- The window that opens will display the Windows 10 build that isinstalled.
Subsequently, question is, how do I know what operating system I have Mac? To see which version of macOS you have installed,click the Apple menu icon at the top left corner of your screen,and then select the “About This Mac” command.The name and version number of your Mac's operating systemappears on the “Overview” tab in the About ThisMac window.
Keeping this in view, how do you tell if your computer is 32 or 64 bit Windows 10?
To check whether you're using a32-bit or 64-bit version of Windows10, open the Settings app by pressing Windows+I,and then head to System > About. On the right side, lookfor the “System type” entry.
Why is it important to know the OS of your computer?
An operating system is the most importantsoftware that runs on a computer. It manages thecomputer's memory and processes, as well as all ofits software and hardware. It also allows you to communicatewith the computer without knowing how to speak thecomputer's language.