Asked by: Shushanik Monzonistechnology and computing antivirus software
How can I update my iOS without losing data?
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and launchiTunes if it isn't already open.
- Select your iPhone from the Devices section and clickthe "Summary" tab. Click "Check for Update" andinstall the update to your iPhone.
Similarly, it is asked, will I lose data if I update iOS?
Installing an update on your iPhone viathe “software update” option on your phonewill not result in data loss; HOWEVER, it is veryimportant to understand that anything can literally happenand cause you to lose data. Doing an update isliterally changing and updating your SYSTEMfiles.
- In iOS 8 or later, tap Settings > iCloud > Backup.
- Go to Settings > Tap General > Tap Reset > Chooseresetting mode: Reset All Settings.
- On iOS 9 or iOS 8 device: Go to Settings > iCloud >Storage > Manage Storage > Tap iCloud Backup > Choose yourbackups to restore.
Similarly one may ask, can I update iPhone without backing up?
Although Apple recommends creating a backup ofyour iPhone before installing iOS updates, youcan install the latest system updates for your phonewithout a backup. If you choose not to back upyour iPhone, you can update the iOS directlyfrom your phone or through iTunes on a computer.
With each new iOS upgrade comes a slew of newsecurity improvements called “patches” that will helpprotect your iPhone from digital bad guys like hackers andmalware and memory corruption flaws. If you don't upgrade,you won't have the latest version, which means your phoneis totally susceptible.