Asked by: Iziar Iavaronemedical health first aid
How can you protect yourself when working with electricity?
Last Updated: 8th March, 2020
- Never mix water and electricity.
- Pay attention to what your appliances are telling you.
- Install Ground Fault Circuit Interrupters (GFCI).
- Make sure you're using the right size circuit breakers andfuses.
- Protect kids with outlet covers.
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, what precautions should be taken when working with electricity?
8 Safety Precautions Every Electrician Student ShouldKnow
- Don't touch someone who's been electrocuted!
- Know your Electrical Code.
- Always use GFCIs in damp or wet work areas.
- Inspect & maintain your electrical tools.
- Follow proper lockout/tagout procedures.
- Wear the right safety gear.
- Choose the right ladder.
- Avoid power lines.
how can you stay safe when using electricity? Electrical safety tips for kids
- Never put fingers or other objects in an outlet.
- Keep metal objects out of toasters.
- Never use anything with a cord or plug around water.
- Never pull a plug out by its cord.
- Stay away from substations and power lines.
- Don't climb on power poles.
- Never fly kites near power lines.
Also to know is, how can you protect yourself from electrocution?
Part 1 Preventing Electric Shock in YourHome
- Learn how electricity works.
- Know your limits.
- Find out electricity requirements.
- Turn the electricity off.
- Cover sockets and outlets.
- Install GFCI breakers, outlets and adapters.
- Avoid common mistakes.
- Avoid water.
What are 5 electrical safety tips?
5 electrical safety tips you should know for yourhome
- Replace or repair damaged power cords. Exposed wiring is adanger that cannot go overlooked, the NFPA wrote.
- Don't overload your outlets.
- Avoid extension cords as much as possible.
- Keep electrical equipment or outlets away from water.
- Protect small children from hazards.
- Put us to the test!