Asked by: Zulaika Pintiliehome and garden landscaping
How deep do you put landscape rock?
Last Updated: 7th May, 2020
- A: Our general rule of thumb is one yard of rock will cover 100 square feet at a depth of approximately 2 inches.
- A: In general, the most common dimensions of decorative rock are ¼ inch, 3/8 inch, ½ inch, ¾ inch or 1 inch up to 1 ¼ inch.
- A: Normally, decorative rock comes in bulk, delivered with a dump truck.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do you lay a rock landscape?
How to Put Landscaping Rocks Down
- Prepare the Site. Any weeds, grass or plants under the rock mulch will grow through if you don't remove them.
- Line the Bed. Landscape fabrics, also called geotextiles, prevent weeds from growing through the rocks and they also keep the rocks from sinking into the soil.
- Plant Wisely.
- Lay the Rock.
- Additional Considerations.
should landscape fabric go under gravel? For all that, weed cloth does have a use: under hardscape. It may be bad under bark dust, mulch, soil, or compost but it works very well under river rock, gravel, decomposed granite, or flagstone. It certainly does help with weeds, but it also keep mud and aggregate separate during our wet winters!
People also ask, how deep should I lay gravel?
You would usually lay a 10mm aggregate at a depth of 30-40mm, but on a driveway this would need to be at least 50mm. A 20mm aggregate would need to be at least 40-50mm deep, and at least 50-60mm on driveways.
What is the best rock for landscaping?
Rockin' Landscapes: The 5 Best Types of Landscape Rocks
- Decomposed Granite. If you want a soft, rustic look for your yard, decomposed granite is one of the best landscape rock types out there.
- Pea Gravel. These landscape gravel types are often at 1/4-inch to 1/8-inch in terms of size.
- Crushed Granite Gravel.
- Lava Rock.
- River Rock.