Asked by: Jamie Patskevichtechnology and computing computer peripherals
How do fax lines work?
Last Updated: 7th May, 2020
- The machine scans the document.
- It transfers the image of that document into a signal.
- That signal is sent down a telephone line to anotherfax machine.
- The other machine decodes the signal and reproduces thedocument.
Click to see full answer.
Consequently, how can I use fax?
To send a fax with your fax machine:
- Place the document you want to send in the documentfeeder.
- Enter the fax number you want to send to, including andextensions to dial externally, and any international dialingcodes.
- Press Send or Go (depending on your fax machine model)
Secondly, can you fax a document from your computer? Simply attach an active phone line to yourcomputer's phone jack and then open the faxing softwareon your computer. On Windows PCs, the faxing softwareis Windows Fax and Scan – which is built-in to everyPC. On Apple computers, it's simply called the FaxPDF tool and can be found under File >Print.
Also know, do you fax things face up or down?
The first thing to look for is a small icon nextto the paper feeder on the fax machine. The iconshould be a picture of a piece of paper with the top cornerfolded. If the icon has lines of text on the front of it thenyou should send a fax with the paper faceup.
Does Google have a fax service?
There are a number of ways to fax from theGoogle office suite (Gmail, Google Docs, andGoogle Drive). Some options allow users to fax fromGoogle's programs, while others have the ability touse Google's file formats to send and receivefaxes.