Asked by: Siyu Lamhamditechnology and computing smartphones
How do I activate a used cell phone?
Last Updated: 7th April, 2020
- Purchase a SIM card if your carrier requires one. In ordertoactivate your used phone, you will need to insertaSIM card for your plan.
- Get your IMEI number.
- Call the activation number from yournewphone.
- Visit a retail outlet for your carrier.
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in consideration, how do you activate a Verizon phone by yourself?
How to activate your Verizon phone via telephone
- Dial (877) 807-4646 from any phone.
- Follow the prompts to activate your wireless service.
- Insert the SIM card into your new device.
- Insert the battery.
- Insert the cover on the back of your device.
- Charge your device.
how do I activate an inactive Straight Talk phone? Please go towww.straighttalk.com/Activateand select the radiobutton option "Activate my phonewith a new number orReactivate with an existing or newnumber". You will be ableto reactivate your StraightTalk phone with the samephone number within 30 days ofyour Service EndDate.
Also know, how do you activate a prepaid phone?
How to Set Up for a Prepaid Phone
- Insert the new SIM card into the cell phone.
- Turn on the phone.
- Confirm the method you will use for the activation oftheprepaid service.
- Choose the type of prepaid service and rate plan you wanttouse.
- Provide the required information asked during theactivationprocess.
What does activate phone mean?
Activation. Activation is makingaphone active on a cell phone network. It istheprocess that links a specific cell phone to aspecificcustomer account and phone number. It requiresconfigurationon the network side, for the network to recognize thatspecificphone as belonging to that customer.