Asked by: Nouradine Majhitechnology and computing data storage and warehousing
How do I add a data source to Gateway Power BI?
Last Updated: 12th May, 2020
- In the upper-right corner of the Power BI service, select the gear icon.
- Select a gateway and then select Add data source.
- Select the Data Source Type.
- Enter information for the data source.
- For SQL Server, you choose an Authentication Method of Windows or Basic (SQL Authentication).
Click to see full answer.
Keeping this in view, how do I connect my gateway to power BI?
Sign in to Power BI. In the upper-right corner, select the settings gear icon and then select Settings. On the Datasets tab, select the dataset AdventureWorksProducts, so you can connect to your on-premises SQL Server database through a data gateway.
Beside above, what is a data gateway in power bi? Power BI can connect many data sources. The On-premises data gateway acts as a bridge which provides quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that is not in the cloud) and the Power BI, Microsoft Flow, Logic Apps, and PowerApps services. Gateway is mainly used for data refresh.
In respect to this, how do you view data source in power bi?
In the Power BI service, open a report and select a visual. To display the data behind the visual, select More options () and choose Show data.
How do I change data source in power bi?
Steps to change the data source in Power BI
- Change data source from Settings Menu. Click File. Click Options and settings. Right-click Data sources settings and change source.
- Change data source from Advanced Editor. Click Edit Queries and add the new source table. Click on the new source table and select Advanced Editor.