Asked by: Domicia Graverttravel budget travel
How do I add a goal line to a bar chart in Excel?
Last Updated: 2nd April, 2020
- Select the chart and go to Design –> SelectData.
- In the Select Data Source dialog box, Click Add.
- In the Edit Series box, Type Series Name as 'TargetLine' and in Series Value select your Target Valuecell.
- This will insert a bar chart only for the firstdata point (January)
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, it is asked, how do I add a target line to a bar chart?
In the chart, right-click on any bar thatrepresents the target values and select “Change SeriesChart Type” from the drop-down menu. In the ChangeChart Type dialog box, click “Line” onthe left, select the first option in the series of“Line” chart icons, and click“OK.”
Also, how do I add a reference line to Excel charts? How to add a Reference Line in charts in MicrosoftExcel
- Select the chart area the data will get highlighted in a bluecolor line, drag it till the end of the data.
- Another way to add the data in the chart, go back & clickon the chart.
People also ask, how do you add a line to a graph in Excel?
- Open Microsoft Excel. Double-click the Excel program icon,which resembles a white "X" on a green folder.
- Click Blank Workbook. It's on the Excel home page.
- Enter your data.
- Select your data.
- Click the Insert tab.
- Click the "Line Graph" icon.
- Select a graph style.
- Click a graph style.
How do I add a horizontal line to a scatter plot in Excel?
? Put your min and max X in two cells, for exampleE2 and E3, and put the desired Y value for the linein both F2 and F3. Right click on the chart, choose Select Datafrom the pop up menu. Choose Add above the list of series,then select the added series and choose Edit.