Asked by: Oumayma Tzelikovskytechnology and computing browsers
How do I add desktop to sidebar?
Last Updated: 20th May, 2020
- Pull down the Finder menu and select“Preferences”(or just hit Command+,)
- Click on the “Sidebar” icon.
- Select the checkboxes next to items you want to appear inyourdesktop window sidebars.
Click to see full answer.
Herein, how do I put an icon on my desktop for favorites?
How to Create Desktop Shortcut to Favorites in Windows 7and8
- Right click on your desktop and go to New>>Shortcut.
- Now paste the following in the location field andclickNext.
- No name the shortcut as Favorites and click Finish.
- If you want to change the shortcut icon, right click on itandselect Properties.
- Then click the Change Icon button under the Shortcut tab.
how do I put a shortcut on my desktop for libraries? Windows 7 - Create a shortcut to accessyourLibraries
- On an empty area of your desktop > Right Click > New>Shortcut.
- In the location field, enter the following"explorer.exeshell:Libraries"
- Click on Next > It is named as "Explorer" by default.
- Once it is created you can pin it to the taskbar.
Furthermore, how do I add recents to my sidebar?
- Right click the Finder in the Dock.
- Select New Smart Folder.
- Press the plus button.
- Select kind.
- Select Last Modified/Opened or whatever you want.
- Select 'This Mac'
- Save your smart folder. When saving, make sure 'Add toSidebar'is checked. Name your smart folder and you're good togo!
How do I add downloads to my Mac sidebar?
- Open a Finder window and go to your user folder.
- In the user folder you should see the downloads folder.
- Drag the downloads folder to the place you want it inthesidebar.
- Drag the Downloads folder to the right side of the verticalbarin the Dock.