Asked by: Apostolos Jollybusiness and finance housing market
How do I apply for Section 8 in Kansas City Missouri?
Last Updated: 29th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Correspondingly, how do I apply for Section 8 in Missouri?
Public Housing and Housing Choice Vouchers (Section 8) To apply for either type of help, visit your local Public Housing Agency (PHA). Some PHAs have long waiting lists, so you may want to apply at more than one PHA. Your PHA can also give you a list of locations at which your voucher can be used.
Beside above, what documents do I need to apply for Section 8?
- You last 4 consecutive pay check stubs, or a notarized statement of your proof of income.
- Social Security award letter.
- Most recent bank statement.
- Child Support form completed from the Child Support Office.
- Award letter for Food Stamps and/or TANF.
- Photo ID for every member of the household 18 years and older.
Moreover, where do I go to apply for Section 8?
How to Apply for Section 8
- Complete and submit an application to the local housing authority or HUD office. Renters need to apply for the Section 8 program in person.
- Complete an interview with a local housing authority agent.
- Provide all necessary documentation.
- Find a private rental that accepts Section 8.
How can I find out where I am on the Section 8 waiting list?
Your "number on the waiting list" doesn't matter. Instead of providing you with a number, a housing authority can confirm that you are actively waiting on the list. Complete the Request for Status form and return it to a participating housing authority or view your status online by clicking the link below.