Asked by: Maudie Theysohnscience biological sciences
How do I become a radiology technician in NY?
Last Updated: 22nd April, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Thereof, how do I get Radiology certified?
Steps to Become a Radiologic Technologist (Rad Tech)
- Graduate from high school.
- Apply for and attend an accredited undergraduate radiologic technology program (2-4 years).
- Apply for certification and registration with ARRT (timeline varies).
- Maintain ARRT certification.
Beside above, how long do you have to go to school for radiology? Typically, a radiology technologist (or rad tech) has two to four years of schooling leading to an associate's or bachelor's degree in radiologic technology. Rad techs may also earn specialized certificates in areas such as CT or MRI.
One may also ask, what colleges offer radiologic technologist?
Radiology School Profiles
- University of Iowa. There are two undergraduate majors offered by the University of Iowa's Carver College of Medicine in the field of medical imaging.
- LIU Post.
- Newman University.
- Emory University.
- Austin Peay State University.
- University of Cincinnati.
- Arkansas State University.
- Xavier University.
How much does a radiology tech make?
Radiologic Technologists made a median salary of $59,520 in 2018. The best-paid 25 percent made $73,200 that year, while the lowest-paid 25 percent made $48,400.