Asked by: Georgianna Turnbulltechnology and computing email
How do I change my outlook 2007 from pop3 to IMAP?
Last Updated: 14th January, 2020
- In Outlook, go to Tools and Account Settings.
- Choose the email service you wish toconfigure:POP3 or IMAP.
- Select the manually configure server settingsoradditional server types check box.
- Click Next.
- Click the Internet Email bubble.
- Click Next.
- Enter the following information:
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, how do I change my outlook from pop3 to IMAP?
You'll also need to consult your email provider to ensureitsupports POP3 email.
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your computer.
- Click on the "Tools" menu in the upper menu bar.
- Click on the "Email" tab in the Account Settingsdisplaywindow.
- Under "Server Information" change the Account Type from IMAPtoPOP3.
Furthermore, how do I change the account type in Outlook 2007? Adding a new Outlook 2007 account
- Start Outlook 2007.
- From the Tools menu select Accounts Settings.
- Click the E-mail tab, and then click New.
- Select Microsoft Exchange, POP3, IMAP or HTTP.
- Check Manually configure server settings or additionalservertypes.
- Select Internet E-mail.
In this way, can I change a POP account to IMAP?
Note that you cannot convert anexistingaccount from POP to IMAP. Theaccountmust setup as IMAP along side the POPversion, andthen content must be copied from the POP accountto theIMAP account. Go to the File menu and select New >MailAccount.
How do I change from IMAP to pop in Mac Mail?
3.15.1 Converting Your Apple Mail Setup to IMAP
- Choose Preferences… from the Mail menu and clickonAccounts.
- If it says POP, you will need to disable the POP accountandcreate a new IMAP one.
- Click the + button at the bottom of the window and followthesteps to create a new account.