Asked by: Caterina Cirauquihome and garden home entertaining
How do I change the lamp on my Optoma projector?
Last Updated: 17th February, 2020
Installing a new projector lamp
- Switch off the power to the projector by pressing the Power/Standby button.
- Allow the projector to cool down for at least 30 minutes. If should be cool to the touch.
- Disconnect the power cord.
Click to see full answer.
Beside this, how do I check my lamp hours on Optoma projector?
Current projectors have an item in the menu called "Information" which includes lamp hours. If your projector is an older model, you can press and hold the Power ON/OFF button on the projector for approx. 20 seconds and the lamp hours will be displayed on the screen for a brief period of time.
One may also ask, how much are projector bulbs? Projector prices have dropped like a rock in the last few years. There are many models now selling for well under $1,000. Unfortunately the cost of replacement lamps has not followed suit. Though some lamps are now below $300, most are in the $350 to $400 range and will continue to be for the foreseeable future.
One may also ask, when should I replace my projector lamp?
How to Tell if a Projector Lamp Is Bad
- Turn on the projector.
- Look for a flashing red or yellow indicator light somewhere on the chassis of the projector.
- Observe the projected picture if the projector still illuminates.
- Look at the projected image to see if the projector is displaying a "Low Lamp" or similarly-phrased message.
How long do Optoma lamps last?
All projector lamps have an expected operating time, called lamp life. This value is expressed in numbers of hours, and is typically around 1,500 to 2,000 hours. Newer models claim 5,000 hours of lamp life and more.