Asked by: Inocente Arizkuntechnology and computing browsers
How do I change what opens a file?
Last Updated: 16th May, 2020
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, how do I change the default program to open a file?
If a program does not show up in the list, you can make theprogram a default by using Set Associations.
- Open Default Programs by clicking the Start button.
- Click Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
- Click the file type or protocol that you want the program toact as the default for.
- Click Change program.
Similarly, how do I change file associations in Windows? Change file associations. To set FileAssociations in Windows 10/8/7, Open Control Panel >Control Panel Home > Default Programs > SetAssociations. Select a file type in the list andclick Change Program. You will be displayed a list ofPrograms along with a Description and the CurrentDefault.
Similarly one may ask, how do I change the default program to open a file in Windows 10?
Windows 10 uses Settings instead of Control Panel to makechanges to file type associations.
- Right-click the Start button (or hit the WIN+X hotkey) andchoose Settings.
- Select Apps from the list.
- Choose Default apps on the left.
- Scroll down a little and select Choose default apps by filetype.
How do I change a file type?
Method 1 Changing a File Extension in Nearly AnySoftware Program
- Open a file in its default software program.
- Click the File menu, and then click Save As.
- Choose a location for the file to be saved.
- Name the file.
- In the Save As dialog box, look for a dropdown menu labeledSave As Type or Format.