Asked by: Dienabou Usaltechnology and computing databases
How do I check my DB mirroring status?
Last Updated: 8th March, 2020
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I monitor database mirroring?
Monitoring Database Mirroring
- Open Management Studio, and connect to the principal or mirror server.
- Expand Databases, and right-click the principal database.
- Select Tasks, and then click Launch Database Mirroring Monitor.
- Click Action menu, and select Register Mirrored Database.
Likewise, how does SQL Mirroring work? Database Mirroring is used to move the database transactions from one SQL Server database (Principal database) to another SQL Server database (Mirror database) on a different instance. In SQL Server Log Shipping and Mirroring can work together to provide solutions for high availability and disaster recovery.
Also to know is, how do you failover in mirroring?
To manually fail over database mirroring
- Connect to the principal server instance and, in the Object Explorer pane, click the server name to expand the server tree.
- Expand Databases, and select the database to be failed over.
- Right-click the database, select Tasks, and then click Mirror.
- Click Failover.
How do I monitor log shipping in SQL Server?
Monitoring Log Shipping
- Connect to the primary, secondary, or monitor server using Object Explorer in SQL Server Management Studio.
- Right click the SQL Server instance; click Reports.
- Click Standard Reports.
- Click Transaction Log Shipping Status.