Asked by: Mariya Hilckstyle and fashion makeup and accessories
How do I choose a wedding makeup artist?
Last Updated: 15th May, 2020
- Decide the look you're going to go for. This isimportant as different makeup artists specialise indifferent looks.
- Determine your budget.
- Ask around and get referrals.
- Look at his or her portfolio.
- Request for a trial session.
Click to see full answer.
Regarding this, how much does a makeup artist cost for a wedding?
Expect to pay between $85 and $125 per hour for awedding day makeup artist.
Secondly, what makes a good makeup artist?
- Quick, creative thinking.
- Effective time management.
- The ability to talk to and work with new people.
- Organization and cleanliness.
- A passion for makeup.
Moreover, when should I book my makeup artist for my wedding?
"Bridal makeup artists book up months, sometimesa year, in advance," she says. "When choosing your artist,you want to make sure they are a bridal makeupartist, meaning they do weddings and understand the severity ofthe day.
Do makeup artists bring their own makeup?
A makeup artist should never be applying mascaraor lip gloss straight from the tube unless they are giving theproduct to you or it is your own. Even so, a makeupartist should only use your product if you specifically askthem to.