Asked by: Hormisdas Janishinhome and garden home appliances
How do I choose a wine cooler?
Last Updated: 4th May, 2020
- Cooler temperatures are key, but not too cool.
- Steady temperature is important.
- Light is wine's enemy.
- Humidity is important, but not mandatory.
- Store bottles on their side.
- The less vibration, the better.
Click to see full answer.
People also ask, which brand of wine cooler is the best?
Best 5 Wine Coolers
- Haier Dual Zone 12 Bottle Wine Cooler.
- Newair 28 Bottle Wine Cooler.
- Westinghouse 8 Bottle Thermal Electric Wine Cellar.
- EdgeStar 18 Bottle Built-In Wine Cooler.
- AKDY 21 Bottle Dual Zone Freestanding Chiller.
Likewise, how does wine cooler work? A compressor wine cooler uses the same principle as the refrigerator in your home. A liquid refrigerant circulates and produces cold air inside the refrigerator and expels the hot air. It has an advantage that it can reach to very cold temperature as low as 39 degrees Fahrenheit.
Similarly, it is asked, is a wine cooler worth it?
But temperature doesn't just impact the taste superficially. That's why a wine refrigerator, where you can control the temperature of your wine (which should be 10 to 20 degrees warmer than your regular refrigerator and about 10 degrees cooler than room temperature) is a worthy investment.
How long should a wine cooler last?
So how long should you keep wine in a wine refrigerator? Less than a year. A wine refrigerator or cooler should be used to store ready-to-drink wines at their proper serving temperatures, not age wine for ten years.