Asked by: Celene Wiolandtechnology and computing computer networking
How do I connect my cable TV to my modem?
Last Updated: 24th February, 2020
- Purchase a two-way coaxial cable splitter.
- Power off your television and cable modem.
- Connect your splitter to the coaxial cableattached to the wall.
- Connect a coaxial cable to one of the"Output" connectors of the splitter.
- Connect a second coaxial cable to theother "Output" connector of the splitter.
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I connect my cable modem?
Part 2 Installing
- Attach one end of the coaxial cable to the cable output.
- Attach the other end of the cable to the input on yourmodem.
- Plug your modem's power cable into an electrical outlet.
- Insert the modem power cable's free end into the modem.
- Place your modem in its spot.
- Attach the modem to a router.
Additionally, how do I hook up my cable Internet? How to Set Up Cable Internet With a PC
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the port on the cablemodem labeled, "Internet" or "Ethernet."
- Insert the Ethernet cable to the network port on yourcomputer.
- Insert another Ethernet cable into the next available port onthe router and connect the second end to a computer's networkport.
Also to know, do you need a coax cable for modem?
You do need a coax connection from the street tothe location of the modem if you want to subscribe toconventional Comcast internet service. A Comcast installer wouldneed to run the coax cable, but will need writtenpermission from the landlord on a rental property.
What is the difference between a router and a modem?
The difference between a modem and arouter is that a modem connects to the internet,while a router connects devices to Wi-Fi. It's easy to getthe two devices mixed up if your internet service provider (ISP)rents both to you as part of an internet package.