Asked by: Abdelouahhab Ferrintechnology and computing browsers
How do I create a shortcut from a hyperlink?
Last Updated: 22nd January, 2020
- Open your web browser. You can use this same method foreitherInternet Explorer, Chrome, or Firefox.
- Visit the website you want to create a shortcut to.
- Make sure the browser isn't full screen.
- Click and drag the site's icon in the address bar.
- Release the icon on your desktop.
- Double-click the shortcut.
Click to see full answer.
Likewise, how do I create a link to a shortcut in an email?
Create a Windows e-mail shortcut
- Right-click an empty space on your desktop or taskbar,andselect New, then Shortcut.
- For the location or path to the shortcut,entermailto:[email protected], where "[email protected]" isreplacedwith the e-mail address of your recipient.
- Click Next, then type the name of the Shortcut. Then,clickFinish.
Also, how do I make an icon for a website? Launch Chrome for Android and openthewebsite or web page you want to pin to yourhomescreen. Tap the menu button and tap Add to homescreen. You'llbeable to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will additto your home screen.
In this manner, how do I create a link to a file?
Create a hyperlink to a location on the web
- Select the text or picture that you want to display asahyperlink.
- On the Insert tab, click Hyperlink. You can also right-clickthetext or picture and click Hyperlink on the shortcut menu.
- In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link intheAddress box.
How do I create a shortcut to a website folder?
How to Save a Web Page as a Shortcut
- Open your browser and navigate to the web page you want tosaveas a shortcut.
- Click the URL in the address field.
- Hold the "Ctrl" key and press "C" to copy the URL.
- Right-click in an empty area of the Windows desktop, pointto"New" and click "Shortcut."