Asked by: Zeus Dumitriumusic and audio tv and film podcasts
How do I deauthorize old computers from iTunes?
Last Updated: 17th May, 2020
- Open iTunes if you have not done so already, and thengoto the “Account” menu.
- Choose “View My Accounts…” andauthenticatewith your iTunes account / Apple ID ifrequired.
- At the “Account Information” screen scroll downtofind the 'Computer Authorizations' section andchoose“Deauthorize All”
Click to see full answer.
Similarly, you may ask, how do I deauthorize a computer I no longer have on iTunes?
To do this, click iTunes Store iniTunes,sign in to your Apple ID, click the name of yourApple ID, andselect Account. From here, you can click theDeauthorize Allbutton next to ComputerAuthorizations. This button willonly appear if you have morethan one computerauthorized.
Beside above, what happens when I deauthorize all computers on iTunes? When you deauthorize a single computer,youdon't lose content. The same applies to if you choosetodeauthorize all computers. You just won't be able toaccessthe content that you bought from iTunes onthosecomputers until you reauthorize them. You need to havethecomputer to reauthorize it.
Keeping this in view, how do I remove devices from my iTunes account?
To remove a device or computer from your AppleID:
- Click to open your account in iTunes, or use these steps:OpeniTunes, choose Store > Sign In, then enter your Apple IDandpassword.
- Click Manage Devices in the iTunes in the Cloud section.
- Click Remove next to the device that you want to remove.
How do I find out which devices are authorized on my iTunes account?
How to check your number of authorizations
- Open iTunes.
- If you're not signed in, sign in with your Apple ID.
- Mac: From the menu bar at the top of your computerscreen,choose Account > View My Account.
- Enter your password, then press the Return or Enter key onyourkeyboard, or click View Account.