Asked by: Aura Grischenkotechnology and computing browsers
How do I download a .HPI file in Jenkins?
Last Updated: 9th April, 2021
- Navigate to the Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins page in the web UI.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Choose the . hpi file under the Upload Plugin section.
- Upload the plugin file.
Click to see full answer.
Also question is, how do I download a Jenkins plugin?
Click Manage Jenkins > Manage Plugins, then click the Advanced tab. In the Upload Plugin section of the Advanced tab, click Choose File and select the HPI file that you downloaded. Click Upload. From the buttons at the bottom of the page, click Download now and install after restart.
Similarly, what are the different ways to install Jenkins? Jenkins can be installed on different platforms (such as Linux, Windows, etc) and set-up in different ways.
- As a jar file deployed using Java.
- As a repository in Linux environments.
- As a war file deployed to a Servlet such as Apache Tomcat.
- As a Docker container either locally or on a public or private cloud.
Keeping this in consideration, how do I manually install a plugin in Jenkins?
How To Install manually Jenkins plugin
- Step 1: First download plugin from Jenkins plugin directory. https://updates.jenkins-ci.org/download/plugins/
- Step 2: Here you find your desired plugin and clicked on plugin name, now . hpi file will downloaded.
- Step 4: Upload your-plugin.
- Step 5: Restart Jenkins.
What is .HPI file in Jenkins?
The . hpi format is primarily meant to be a distribution format. Just like no one debugs the web application by creating a war and deploying it, Jenkins provides another plugin layout called . hpl (for "Hudson plugin link"), which is targeted for plugin developers to improve productivity.